"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Lenten study prayer

This is the final session in our study. Next Sunday we'll resume our regular adult classes @ 9:00 am - the Book of Revelation (fellowship hall) and The Wired Word (church library). 

Participants in the Lenten study, Ponderings from the Heart: A Mother's Reflections, are using prayer beads, an ancient prayer practice, as part of their Lenten discipline. 


Touch the first bead, offer that line of the prayer, pause for contemplation, move to the next bead and repeat.

The Prayer for the seventh week:
Bead 1: Promise-keeping God,
Bead 2: Make me Your servant and witness -
Bead 3: That I may persevere in discipleship,
Bead 4: That I may be devoted to prayer,
Bead 5: That I may be faithful despite the risk,
Bead 6: That I may love unity and diversity in the Body.
Bead 7: Guide me and empower me by Your Spirit.

In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment