"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, June 17, 2019

Hello from Pastor Sarah!

Let me introduce myself by answering these questions:


Where are you from?  I am a Rocky Mountain girl, born and raised in Casper, WY. My folks still live there in a beautiful downtown home that my dad grew up in. Anne, my mom teaches 4th grade, and Ken, my dad, is a retired attorney and burgeoning filmmaker.  My one brother, Daniel, lives in Houston, TX, working as an engineer and playing baseball.

I ventured out of the Cowboy state to attend Whitworth University in Spokane, WA. After earning degrees in theology and theatre, I joined the African Children’s Choir as a chaperon.  We toured North America for nearly two years before I returned to Spokane to be the worship & children’s ministry coordinator at Covenant UMC.  I met Mac as my pianist and after to sweeping me off my feet with a wild glissando, we got married 7 years ago. Since we’ve finished more school, move 6 times, bore 2 children, and traveled all over. 

Favorite food: fruit especially berries, watermelon and peaches, pizza, homemade mac & cheese, green tea lattes, Junior Mints and cookies ‘n cream ice cream

Hobbies: running (a ½ marathon is my farthest jaunt thus far), reading non-fiction, playing with my kiddos, attending theatre with my husband, yoga, traveling, watercolor painting, writing poetry, crafting photo books

Sports: I run. I also like soccer, racquetball, swimming, biking and hiking.  Sledding is awesome, too, as long as the prize is a mug of hot chocolate.  Teams…hmm. Which ever team my brother or kids are playing on.

Movies: Waking Ned Devine (an Irish flick that continues to make my spirit dance), Happy Go Lucky, Intouchables, Wall-E, While You Were Sleeping (a Christmas tradition), Shakespeare in Love, Amazing Grace,

Authors: Richard Rohr, Brené Brown, Brian McLaren, Mary Oliver, Henri Nouwen, Krista Tippett, Barbara Brown Taylor, comic Zits

No comments:

Post a Comment