"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Life as a Boy Scout Chaplain: Why I Spent Two Weeks in a Tent

Scout Jamboree @ Summit Bechtel Reserve in Glen Jean, WV
Rev. John Partridge is pastor of Trinity Perry Heights UMC in Massillon, Ohio.

I just spent two weeks living in a tent, sleeping on a cot, walking farther than I have in decades, taking really cold showers, and I probably had one of the best times of my life doing it.  For two weeks in July, I served as a chaplain, along with about 76 other pastors (including just about every denomination and faith you can name), at the National Boy Scout Jamboree which is held every four years at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in Glen Jean, West Virginia.

Read more at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment