"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Thursday, January 4, 2018

January 4: The Eleventh Day of Christmas



Lord, because You have made me, I owe You the whole of my love; because You have redeemed me, I owe You the whole of myself; because You have promised so much, I owe You my whole being.

Moreover, I owe You as much more love than myself as You are greater than I, for whom You gave Yourself and to whom You promised Yourself. I pray You, Lord, make me taste by love what I taste by knowledge; let me know by love what I know by understanding.

I owe You more than my whole self, but I have no more, and by myself I cannot render the whole of it to You.
Draw me to You, Lord, in the fullness of Your love.
I am wholly Yours by creation; make me all Yours,
too, in love.



St. Anselm (1033-1109)

No comments:

Post a Comment