"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Prayer Shawl Ministry

[this message was received from Carole Koval regarding the prayer shawl ministry at SUMC]
 
"Our first prayer shawl was given to Mary C. in 2006 when she was in the Seattle hospital and almost died several times.  Pastor Nancy had approached UMW when I was president back then to ask us to start this ministry.  I have kept a list since then, of every one we gave out: Who, when and why.  I need to let Pastor Charles know that I do keep this inventory so in case one is given out sometime when I'm not there I can be advised.  This inventory is only kept so we do not duplicate.  I don't keep a count of our supply.
 
We have now given out 144 counting the one for Karen M. which I will pick up from the office this week and deliver to her on the weekend after she accepts company. 
 
Who makes them?  I am only aware of these ladies contributing:  Fran Jackson, Sharon Wheeler, Judy Inslee, Gail Moshier, Julie Ludington.  I know others have done so but sometimes they just arrive and I do not know who made them."
 
Carole Koval

No comments:

Post a Comment