"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lent: Day 8

Read Psalm 9


John Wesley’s Holy Club Questions

Each day during Lent we'll add a question members of the Holy Club (started by Charles Wesley at Oxford) asked themselves every day in their private devotions over 200 years ago.
  • Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
  • Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
  • Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
  • Can I be trusted?
  • Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
  • Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?

  • Did the Bible live in me today?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment