"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, March 31, 2014

Delightful Letter from Marcia Robinson!

Pastor Charles received this wonderful letter in today's post.

Marcia Robinson
14778 Espola Road
Poway, CA  92064

Pastor Charles
Stevensville United Methodist Church
Stevensville, Montana 59870

Dear Pastor Charles,

Although this is late, it is a hearty welcome from our family.  My husband, Ralph, and his family were long-time members of UMC Stevi.  That included Robinson, Lamoreux and Longbottom families.

When we were married in Wisconsin, I married a Montanan sailor going to Navy school at Great Lakes in Waukegan.  We had a second wedding reception in your church forty-six years ago.

For forty-four years, we summered in Stevensville, as my mother-in-law lived there.  We camped and fished up the Burnt Fork.  We had and have wonderful memories.  But one of my best memories is of attending the UMC.  I always found the services very uplifting.  I admired the servants in that church.  It is a tiny church, but mighty in its spirit.  Christianity just blossoms in your church.  I miss those services.

As I attend my LCMS church and participate in activities there, I'm always challenged by memories of the servants at UM Stevi.  Lent certainly is a time to reflect how we can reflect our faith to others, especially non-church-goers.

May you enjoy living in that beautiful valley.  Maybe we'll meet sometime.

Sincerely,

Marcia Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment