"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A thought for Yom Kippur

Blowing on the Shofar
Yom Kippur Online

My soul is like a hard drive, 
slow and sluggish from accumulated data.
Once a year I run the Yom Kippur program, 
and cull the extraneous files.
Each is examined, its worth is determined. 
I neither eat nor drink, for fear of spilling on the keyboard.
All day my modem is uplinked to the celestial bulletin board.
I put all my sins into the GOAT file.
Then delete.
Somewhere in the memory lies a trace of everything I've done.
Only G‑d can empty the trash bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment