"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation



A prayer of Martin Luther
Behold, Lord, an empty vessel that needs to be filled. My Lord, fill it.
I am weak in faith; Strengthen Thou me.
I am cold in love; Warm me and make me fervent that my love may go out to my neighbor.
I do not have a strong and firm faith; At times I doubt and am unable to trust Thee altogether. O Lord, help me.
Strengthen my faith and trust in Thee. In Thee I have sealed the treasures of all I have.
I am poor; Thou art rich and didst come to be merciful to the poor.
I am a sinner; Thou art upright.
With me there is an abundance of sin; In Thee is the fullness of righteousness.
Therefore, I will remain with Thee of who I can receive but to whom I may not give.
Amen.
 ~ ~ ~
 Original in German:

Sihe, Herr, hie ist eyn lähr Faß, das bedarff wol, das man es fülle, Mein Herr, fülle es, ich bin schwach im glauben, stärcke mich, ich bin kalt inn der liebe, wärme mich und mache mich hitzig, das meine liebe herauß flisse auff meinen Nechsten; ich habe nicht eynen festen starcken glauben, ich zweifele zu zeiten und kan dir nicht gäntzlich vertrauen. 

Ach Herr, hilff mir, mehre mir meinen glauben und vertrauen, inn dich habe ich den schatz aller meiner güter verschlos sen, ich bin arm, du bist reich und bist kommen, dich der armen zu erbarmen, ich bin ein sünder, du bist gerecht. 

Hie bei mir ist der fluß der Sünde1, inn dir aber ist die Fülle der gerechtigkeyt etc.; darumb bleibe ich bei dir, von welchem ich nemmen kan, nicht dem ich geben darf.

No comments:

Post a Comment