"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ascension Sunday

Hymn for Ascension Sunday
  
Christ, Whose Glory Fills the Sky
Text: Charles Wesley, 1707-1788
Music: J.G. Werner's Choralbuch; harm. by William H. Havergal
Tune: RATISBON, Meter: 77.77.77
 
1. Christ, whose glory fills the skies, 
 Christ, the true, the only light, 
 Sun of Righteousness, arise, 
 triumph o'er the shades of night; 
 Dayspring from on high, be near; 
 Daystar, in my heart appear.

2. Dark and cheerless is the morn 
 unaccompanied by thee; 
 joyless is the day's return, 
 till thy mercy's beams I see; 
 till they inward light impart, 
 cheer my eyes and warm my heart.

3. Visit then this soul of mine; 
 pierce the gloom of sin and grief; 
 fill me, Radiancy divine, 
 scatter all my unbelief; 
 more and more thyself display, 
 shining to the perfect day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment