"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Lenten study prayer

Participants in the Lenten study, Ponderings from the Heart: A Mother's Reflections, are using prayer beads, an ancient prayer practice, as part of their Lenten discipline. 

Prayer beads have been used for centuries to foster a deeper connection with God through deliberate, focused prayer.  Pastor Charles has beads available for anyone who might want to avail themselves of this meditation practice. 

Touch the first bead, offer that line of the prayer, pause for contemplation, move to the next bead and repeat.

The Prayer for the first week:
Bead 1: Sovereign Lord,
Bead 2: My eyes have seen Your salvation.
Bead 3: Help me to treasure what You treasure.
Bead 4: Break my heart for what breaks Yours.
Bead 5: Pierce my heart and my soul
Bead 6: With the truth of Christ's suffering
Bead 7: For me and for the world.

In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment