"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nine questions church visitors aren't asking (...but churches are still trying to answer)

+So how soon can I get involved with your committees?
+Can I get a longer bulletin—maybe something with more detail?
+Will you please single me out in front of all the people during worship this morning?
+Will you please send some "callers" by my house later and interrupt me while I fix dinner?
+Can you please seat us in those uncomfortable pews with our fidgety kids and aging parents?
+How quickly can I fill out a pledge card?
+Does this church have weekly meetings, rehearsals and other activities that will consume most of our family's free time?
+I need more paperwork! Can you give me a folder filled with glossy pamphlets, old newsletters and denominational statements of belief?
+During the worship service, can someone with a monotone voice speak (at length) about all the insider church happenings and people's private health matters? I find this so inspiring.

Excerpted from MinistryMatters.com. Read more: http://www.ministrymatters.com/all/blog/entry/3151/nine-questions-church-visitors-arent-asking-but-churches-are-still-trying-to-answer#.UhT2jXszQ5E.facebook#ixzz2d2ITz9jP

Ministry Matters supports ministry leaders with resources, community, and inspiration. 

Follow us: @ministrymatters on Twitter | ministrymatters on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment