"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

"Prayer Chair" - Ash Wednesday


Each week during Lent we'll offer a prayer for use in our devotions at home. These prayers will be taken from the Methodist Pocket Hymn-book (1818) which Pastor Charles has on his shelf.

Read the words. Listen to the words. Pray the words.

My God, how endless is Thy love! 
Thy gifts are every evening new;
And morning mercies from above, 
Gently descend like early dew.

Thou spread’st the curtains of the night, 
Great Guardian of my sleeping hours;
Thy sov’reign word restores the light; 
And quickens all my drowsy powers.

I yield myself to Thy command; 
To Thee devote my nights and days;
Perpetual blessings from Thy hand, 
Demand perpetual songs of praise.


The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. 45th ed., Abraham Paul, 1818. Page 282, No. 308.

No comments:

Post a Comment