"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Prayer Chair - Second Sunday in Lent


Why should the children of a King
                          Go mourning all their days?                   
Great Comforter, descend and bring 
The tokens of thy grace.

Dost thou not dwell in all thy saints, 
And seal the heirs of heaven?
When with thou banish my complaints, 
And show my sins forgiven?

Assure my conscience of her part 
In the Redeemer’s blood:
And bear thy witness with my heart, 
That I am born of God.

Thou art the earnest of his love, 
The pledge of joys to come;
May thy blest wings, celestial Dove, 
Safely convey me home.



The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. 45th ed., Abraham Paul, 1818. Page 36, No. 31

No comments:

Post a Comment