"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Prayer Chair - First Sunday in Lent


Father of Jesus Christ, the just, 
My Friend and Advocate with thee;
Pity a soul that foam would trust 
In him who liv’d and died for me:
But only thou canst make him known, 
And in m heart reveal thy Son.

If drawn by thine alluring grace, 
My want of living faith I feel,
Show me in Christ thy smiling face, 
What flesh and blood can ne’er reveal:
Thy coeternal Son display,
And turn my darkness to day.

The gift unspeakable impart; 
Command the light of faith to shine;
To shine in my dark, drooping heart,
And fill me with the life divine;
Now bid the new creation be!
O God, let there be faith in me!



The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. 45th ed., Abraham Paul, 1818. Page 29, No. 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment