"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Prayer Chair - Third Sunday in Lent


Lord Jesus, when, when shall it be, 
That I no more shall break with thee?
When will this war of passions cease, 
And my free soul enjoy thy peace?

Here I repent and sin again; 
Now I revive and now am slain;
 Slain with the same unhappy dart, 
Which Oh! too often wounds my heart!

O Saviour, when, when shall I be 
A garden seal’d to all but thee?
No more expos’d, no more undone; 
But live and frow to thee alone?

Guide thou, O Lord, guide thou my course, 
And draw me on with thy sweet fore;
Still make me walk, still make me tend, 
By thee my way, to thee my end. 

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. 45th ed., Abraham Paul, 1818. Page 44, No. 39

No comments:

Post a Comment