"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 35

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, 
and I shall be whiter than snow." - Psalm 51:7 

My God, my God, to thee I cry,
Thee only would I know;
Thy purifying blood apply,
And wash me white as snow.

Touch me, and make the leper clean,
Purge my iniquity:
Unless  thou wash my soul from sin
I have no part in thee.

But art thou not already mine?
Answer, if mine thou art!
Whisper within thy love divine,
And cheer my drooping heart.
Behold, for me the victim bleeds,
His wounds are open wide;
For me the blood of sprinkling please,
And speaks me justified. 
The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment