"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 36

"Which giveth the sun for a light by day." 
- Jeremiah 31:35

 See how the morning sun
Pursues his shining way;
And wide proclaims his Majesty's praise,
With every bright'ning ray.

There would my rising soul
Its heavenly Parent sing;
nd to its great Original 
The humble tribute bring.

Serene I laid me down
Beneath his guardian care;
I slept, and I awoke, and found
My kind Preserver near!

My life I would anew
Devote, O Lord, to thee:
And in thy service I would spend
A blest eternity.
 
The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment