"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Saturday, April 22, 2017

A word from our bishop

Praying for the clergy and laity of the Mountain Sky Area as we prepare for worship. I write this midway through packing for my flight tomorrow to Newark, for the Judicial Council meeting. As I pack, I am reflecting on these many months we have shared together. Faces flash in my mind. The words to hymns we shared echo in my ears. I recall the excitement in your voices as you shared with me information about your ministries, your pride as you showed off your church. All these I hold dear in my heart. I will carry them with me as the Judicial Council hears arguments as to the validity of my election last July.

We will gather for worship tomorrow a tender, tentative people, not knowing what news we will receive by week's end. Here is what I ask of you: treat one another with intense kindness and compassion tomorrow. Sink into prayer together. Let God hear your sighs that are too deep for words.

Ponder God's claim and call on your life. Each of us has a unique role to play in the unfolding of God's realm. You are needed more than ever before, as are your siblings in the pews around you. You are a precious part of the Body of Christ. In fact, the Body of Christ would not be whole without you.

Let your pewmates know how valuable they are not only in the sight of God, but in your eyes. God doesn't call us all to agree on everything. But no matter what, we are called to love each other. The love which we share together in Christ transforms us all.

No matter what the future may hold, God will be with us. With this assurance, may we stay connected to one another, in all we say and do, and love each other in the way that God intends.

Blessings, Dear Ones.
Bishop Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment