"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Fifth Sunday in Lent

  "And quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord."
 - Lamentations 3:26

My soul  before thee prostrate lies,
To thee, her source, my spirit flies:
My wants I mourn, my chains I see;
O let thy presence set me free!

Jesus, vouchsafe my heart and will
With thy meek lowliness to fill;
No more her power let nature boast,
But in thy will may mine be lost.

And well I know thy tender love,
THou never canst unfaithful prove;
And well I know thou stand'st by me,
Pleas'd from myself to set me free.
 
Still will I watch, and labour still
To banish every thought of ill;
Till thou in thy good time appear,
And sav'st me from the fowler's snare.
 
Already springing hope I feel,
God will destroy the power of hell:
God, from a land of wars and pain
Leads me where peace and safety reign.

One only care my soul shall know,
Father, ll thy commands to do:
And feel (what endless ages shall prove,)
That thou,My Lord, my God, art love.
 
The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment