"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Tuesday in Holy Week

  Jesus, my life, thyself apply,
Thy Holy Spirit breathe:
My vile affections crucify,
Conform me to thy death.

Conqu'ror of hell, and earth, and sin,
Still with the rebel strive:
Enter my soul, and work within,
And kill and make alive.

More of thy life, and more I have,
As the old Adam dies;
Bury me, Saviour in thy grave,
That I with thee may rise.

Reign in me, Lord, thy foes control,
Who would not own thy sway;
Difuse thing image through me soul,
Shine to the perfect day.

Scatter the last remains of sin,
And seal me thine abode;
O make me glorious all within,
A temple built by God.

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   

J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment