"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Resolutions

1) Stop worrying about my weight, and think more about waiting:
- for God 
- for silence 
- for hope

2) Close my mouth and open my ears more in order to listen:
- to the wind  
- to the giggles of children
- to the sighs of the aging  
- to the voices of the ignored

3) Stop staring at my devices and look:
- up at the clouds sailing across the sky and the stars sending me their messages;
- down at the worms crawling in the dirt, the kids playing in the mud, the dogs splashing in the puddles;
- around at the incredible diversity that makes up God’s family and get to know them better.

The Rev. Thom M. Shuman

No comments:

Post a Comment