"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Devotional for Christmas Eve

December 24th – Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve already! One of the most joyous days of the calendar year, and certainly of the Christian year. So much to rejoice over: the birth of our Savior, the faith of Mary and Joseph, the seeking of the shepherds and wise men, the gathering of family and loved ones. We too, are seekers. We too have been given the gift of Jesus.

I know that I have not been as good a steward of this gift as I could be; perhaps that is true of you, as well. I am thankful beyond words that this gift is not given only at Christmas, but every single day of the year – even every minute! The gift of Jesus comes wrapped in Grace, which to me means that I get this gift of love and mercy over and over, no matter how many times I need it. This gift means that I am His, and He is mine. Hallelujah!

"For unto us is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11. 


Nothing that we have placed under a tree or sent in the mail, or will unwrap for ourselves can match that timeless, limitless gift. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

I have had those verses memorized for so many years that I don’t remember not knowing them. They are my symbols of the gift that Mary brought forth in that stable so long ago. A gift that has new meaning every year, at Christmas and every day.

As you celebrate the birth of this precious Savior, my prayer for each of us is that we keep our eyes and hearts firmly on that gift of unending, unearned, grace-full love.

Julie Ludington

No comments:

Post a Comment