"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Devotional for December 4


 The Lord is My Shepherd

    -- Yes, He is my guide! 

As I write this on the day our devotional submissions are due, I pause to consider how I have procrastinated (again). Why do I put things off to the "last minute?" My mind defaults to rationalizations, such as "it's human nature to do it; I have been really busy lately."

After my quick prayer to God, asking for inspiration, I waited for insight. And then it came!  (Why was I surprised by that, eh?) 

The Lord really is my shepherd, guiding me through the big, medium, and small "stuff" of life! I am a child of God. I am loved.  I am shepherded! Whether I am "ahead of the game" or "behind the curve ball" …  no matter what my circumstance, attitude … The Lord is ever present to guide me (and you)!

How does this happen? Reading and studying the Bible provide  insight into the heart and mind of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  

Reflecting upon Jesus' teachings can give us concrete examples of how we can lead good, productive lives… ones that are pleasing to God. 

We've all felt lost at times in our lives. However, we have that "blessed assurance" that Jesus, The Good Shepherd, will not abandon us in that state.  He will search for us; He will pursue us … to the ends of the earth (if need be) … and He will guide us home, i.e., to our forever home in heaven, in the presence of God Almighty, the Alpha and the Omega.



Thanks be to God!!!

Belinda Alkula

No comments:

Post a Comment