"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, December 31, 2018

Devotional for the Seventh Day of Christmas


Prayer of supplication: Night

O Lord, accept me in penitence.
O Lord, leave me not. O Lord, lead me not into temptation.
O Lord, grant me good thoughts.
O Lord, grant me tears and remembrance of death 
and compunction.
O Lord, grant me the thought of confessing my sins.
O Lord, grant me humility, chastity and obedience.
O Lord, grant me patience, courage and meekness.
O Lord, plant in me the root of all blessings, the fear of 
Thee in my heart.
O Lord, grant me to love Thee with all my mind and soul, and always to do Thy will.
O Lord, protect me from certain people, and demons, and passions, and from every other harmful thing.
O Lord, Thou knowest that Thou actest as Thou wilt; may Thy will be also in me, a sinner, for blessed art Thou forever. Amen.
                          
                            St. John Chrysostom, 347-407

No comments:

Post a Comment