"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Advent Devotional - December 10 - Second Sunday of Advent


It has been a year since I retired from the workforce, after 49 years of employment.  For most of those years my life was
defined by the traditional role of wage earner for our
family. This role I accepted as a matter of course, along with that of husband and father. Because of these commitments, I had to limit my involvement in many other activities, that is, I said “no” a lot. In this past year, I’ve been able to say “yes “ to involvements that I previously had to decline. So I’ve gotten involved in the Clothes Closet, in Pantry Partners, in the Stevensville Playhouse and the Western Montana Walk to Emmaus. It feels so good to be able to have the time to say “YES” for a change. 

I’ve encountered many so many people who also now have the time to say “yes.” People who have made God’s purpose their own purpose in acts of kindness, mercy and justice. This is where I encounter the Incarnation, the Presence of

God in our world, in people who serve God by serving the people of God in faithfulness, in humility and in love.

“The grass withers, the flower fades’
but the word of our God stands forever”

Isaiah 40:8

  
Dean Diers

No comments:

Post a Comment