"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Friday, December 22, 2017

Bishop Karen P. Oliveto shares her Christmas greetings via video

Greetings, friends of the Mountain Sky Area of The United Methodist Church!

In this Christmas greeting, I first want to say “thank you”. Thank you for the ministry we share together. You inspire me with the ways you are living into Beloved Community, sharing God’s love in tangible ways in the communities you serve. Lives are transformed because of your commitment to faithful discipleship. What a blessing you are!

Each Advent, we are called to prepare our lives to receive Christ once again. I love the nativity story. I love the way it opens me up and sets my heart and eyes on looking for signs of God’s coming.

The question I always ask myself this time of year is: “How is the nativity scene being played out in the world today? Where is Jesus this Christmas?”

No comments:

Post a Comment