"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Sunday, December 3, 2017

First Sunday of Advent Devotion

St. Patrick's Cathedral - New York City
This prayer from St. Patrick reminds me that God so loved the world (and me) that He became Emmanuel, God with us.

Why? He did this to show how to live and love completely and abundantly. We are to become the "hands and feet of Christ," for the transformation of the world...and, in doing so, we are individually transformed!

As we journey through this Advent, may each of us be transformed by the awe and wonder that is everywhere during this special time of year! Amen.

From St. Patrick's Breastplate:

"Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ within me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right, Christ at my left,
Christ in the fort,
Christ in the chariot seat,
Christ in the poop [deck],
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me."


Belinda Alkula

No comments:

Post a Comment