"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Friday, December 15, 2017

Advent Devotional - December 15


Ever since Connie and I arrived in Stevensville, five years ago, the Stevensville United Methodist Church has been a very pecial part of our lives. Through out my life I have sometimes been disappointed by not finding the work of God in the churches we attended. I have looked, waited, and anticipated the embodiment of Jesus’ teachings in the leadership and congregations, and with SUMC I have found a breath of fresh air. 

In my eyes, I see the spirit of love, forgiveness, charity and steadfast commitment to God and “our neighbors.” As one visitor recently told me, “This church really practices what it preaches.” I agree.  It does. The wait was worth it. The pastor, leadership and congregation truly inspire me to grow in my devotion to Jesus and His teachings in a joyful, proactive way. 

As Jesus said in Mathew 7:26  “And everyone who hears these words of mine, and does not act upon them, will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand.”

Dave Rakiecki

No comments:

Post a Comment