"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Friday, December 8, 2017

Advent Devotional - December 8


Christmas Eve - 2015
WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS TO ME



The thing that makes Christmas special to me is gathering with friends and family and having traditional foods like Little Smokies and drinks like hot cocoa and eggnog. Memories make Christmas special. When I was little I was afraid if I was bad grandpa would call Santa on the phone and bust me, so I would be good. I also remember getting my first skateboard and also my airbrush. And it was always good to get a vacation from school.


My church memories also make Christmas special. I remember being in Christmas plays at church.  Once I was a shepherd and I came onto the stage and “walked like an Egyptian”, which was a funny dance.  It made people laugh. Once I got to be the narrator.  It was scary but I got the gist of it. I was proud of myself.  Being in the play meant a lot to all us kids. I also remember the Hanging of the Greens, and lots of music and cookies.


I know that Christmas is special because it celebrates Jesus’ birth.  Right now in my life I’m not sure about my faith. But I know that church has special Christmas memories for me. When I go to church now people always talk to me because they care about me and love me.  This means a lot. It makes it ok to go to church and makes me comfortable there. Church is a special part of my Christmas memories.

Cy Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment