"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Friday, March 3, 2017

Hymns for Lent - Day 3

"Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee." 
- Song of Solomon 4:7

Kind is the speech of Christ my Lord
Affection sounds in every word,
"Thou art my chosen one," he cries,
"Bound to my heart by sacred ties."

"Sweet is thy voice, my spouse, to me;
"I will behold no spot in thee."
What mighty wonders love performs,
That puts a comeliness on worms.

Defi'd and loathsome as we are,
Thou mak'st us white, and call'st us fair,
Adon'st us with thy heavenly dress,
Thy graces and thy righteousness.

Nor dens of prey, nor flowery plains,
No earthly joys, nor earthly pains,
Shall hold my feet, or force my stay
From thee: come, Saviour, come away.

O may my spirit daily rise
On wins of faith above the skies!
'Till death shall make my last remove,
To dwell for ever with my love.

 The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York: 
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment