"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 25

"And I will give you rest." 
- Matthew 11:28 

Jesus, in whom the weary find
Their late, but permanent repose;
Physician of the sin-sick mind,
Relieve my wants, assuage my woes.

Running from God, and far remov'd,
Long have I wander'd to and fro;
O'er earth in endless circles rov'd,
Nor found whereon to rest below.

Selfish pursuits and nature's maze,
The things of earth I all would leave;
Put forth thine hand, thine hand of grace,
Into the ark of love receive.

Now fill me with thy perfect peace,
'Stablish and keep my settled heart;
In thee may all my wand'rings cease,
From thee no more may I depart.

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment