"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, March 13, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 13

"Then shall I sprinkle clean water upon you, 
and ye shall be clean." - Ezekiel 36:25

My Saviour, Lord, give me a heart
From doubt, and fear, and sorrow free;
The mind which was in Christ impart,
And let my spirit cleave to thee.

Purge me from every sinful blot,
My idols all be cast aside;
Cleanse me from every sinful thought,
From all the fifth of self and pride.

The gracious fruits of righteousness,
Thy blessings' unexhausted store,
In me abundantly increase,
Nor let me ever hunger more.

Thy painful thirst, the fond desire,
Thy joyous presence shall remove:
But my full soul shall still require
A whole eternity of love.



The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment