"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 11

"Without spot and blameless." - 2 Peter 3:14

 God of eternal truth and grace,
Thy faithful promise seal!
Thy word, thy oath to Abr'ham's race,
In us, e'en us, fulfil.

Let us, to perfect love restor'd,
Thy image here retrieve;
And in thy presence of our Lord
The life of angels live.

That mighty faith on me bestow,
Which does not ask in vain;
Which holds, and will not let thee go
Till I my suit obtain.

Till thou into my soul inspire
That perfect love unknown,
And tell my infinite desire
What'er thou wilt be done.

But is it possible that I
should live, and sin no more?
Lord, if on thee I dare rely,
My faith shall bring the power.

On me the faith divine bestow
Which doth the mountain move;
And all my spotless life shall show
Th' ominpotence of love.

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York: 
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment