"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, March 27, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 27

 "He shall see the travail of his soul." 
-Isaiah 53:11

Lover of souls, to rescue mine,
Reveal the charity divine,
That suffer'd in my stead!
That made thy soul a sacrifice,
And quench'd in death those flaming eyes,
And bow'd that sacred head.

The veil of unbelief remove,
And by thy free forgving love,
And by thy sprinkled blood,
Destroy the love of sin in me,
And get thyself the victory,
And bring me back to God.

Appear my sanctu'ry from sin,
Open thy arms, and take me in;
In thy own presence hide:
Hide in the place where Moses stood,
And show me now the face of God,
My Father pacified.

Come quickly, Lord, the veil remove,
Pass as a God of pard'ning love
Before my ravish'd eyes:
And when I in thy person see
Jehovah's glorious majesty,
I find my paradise.

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment