"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Friday, March 24, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 24

"In the day of salvation have I succoured thee - 
behold, now is the day of salvation." 
- 2 Corinthians 6:2

When my relief will most display
Thy glory in thy creature's good,
Then, Jesus, take the veil away,
Sprinkle me with the atoning blood;
The power of living faith impart,
And breathe thy love into my heart.

Jesus, the promis'd help supply;
Support the feeble, fainting mind;
Nor let me from thy presence fly,
But seek till I acceptance find;
But ask till I am sav'd from sin,
And knock till mercy takes me in.

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment