"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 23

  "When thou prayest, enter into thy closet, 
and when thou hast shut thy door..."
- Matthew 6:6

Father of Jesus Christ, my Lord,
I humbly seek thy face,
Encourag'd by the Saviour's word,
To ask thy pard'ning grace.

Ent'ring into my closet, I
The busy world exclude,
In secret prayer for mercy cry,
And groan to be renew'd.

Thy grace I languish to receive,
The Spirit of love and power,
Blamless before thy face to live,
To live and sin no more.

Fain would I all thy goodness feel,
And know my sins forgiven,
And do on earth thy perfect will,
As angels to in heaven.

The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment