"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 22

"Who against hope believed in hope?"  
- Romans 4:18

 Hoping against hope, I wait
for redemption in thy blood;
Help me in my lost estate;
Take away my heavy load:
Save me from this tyranny,
From all sin my spirit free,
All the guilt and all the power.

Grant, O grant my last request!
Nothing do I ask beside;
Only give my spirit rest,
Rest from anger, lust, and prise;
Bring into thy perfect peace,
Give me strength to enter in;
Let me with thy people cease
From my own dead works of sin.

Power I want, a constant power,
My own evil to eschew;
Till my heart shall sin no more,
Till I am a creature new;
Let me in thy wounds abide,
Till the perfect grace is given;
Give me this, I ask beside
Nothing else in earth of heaven.

  The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment