"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 9

"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by they words thou shalt be condemned." Matthew 12:37
 
  What! never speak one evil word,
Or rash, or idle, or unkind!
O how shall I, most gracious Lord,
This mark of true perfection find? 


  With wisdom pure of worldly art,
With harmless undesigning love,
Meeken, yet fortify my heart,
And blend the serpent with the dove.

  Saviour, I long to testify
The fulness of thy gracious power;
O might thy Spir't the blood apply,
Which bought for me thy peace and more.


Forgive, and make my nature whole,
My inbred malady remove;
To perfect health restore my soul,
To perfect holiness and love.




The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York: 
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment