"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 16

"Looking unto Jesus." - Hebrews 7:2

Jesus, to thee I now can fly,
On whom my help is laid:
Oppres'd by sins, I lift my eye,
And see the shadows fade.

Soon as I find myself forsook,
The grace again is given:
A sigh can reach thy heart, a look
Can bring thee down from heaven!

Believing on my Lord, I find
A sure and present aid;
On thee alone my constant mind
Be every moment stay'd.

Jesus, my strength, my hope, my rest,
On thee I will depend,
Till summon'd to the marriage-feast,
Where faith in sight shall end.

 The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment