"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 8

"My son, give me thine heart." - Proverbs 23:26 

In hope, against all human hope,
Self-desp'rate, I believe;
Thy quick'ning Word shall raise me up,
Thou shalt thy Spirit give.

The thin surpasses all my thought:
But faithful is my Lord;
Through unbelief I stagger not,
For God hath spoken the word.

To thee, the glory of thy power
And faithfulness I give;
I shall in Christ, at that glad hour,
And Christ in me shall live.

 Obedient faith that waits on thee,
Thou never wilt reprove;
But thou wilt form Thyself in me,
And perfect me in love.

 
The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York: 
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment