"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Friday, March 31, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 31

 "The Lord God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth." - Exodus 34:6
Great God, to me the sight afford,
To him of old allow'd;
And let my faith behold its Lord
Descending on a cloud.
In that revealing Spirit come down;
Thine attributes proclaim:
And to my inmost soul make known
The glories of thy name.
 
Jehovah Christ, I thee adore,
Who gav'st my soul to be!
Fountain of being and of power,
And great in majesty.
The Lord, the mighty God thou art,
But let me rather prove
That name inspoken to my heart,
That fav'rite name of love.
Merciful God, thyself proclaim,
In this polluted breast;
Mercy is thy distinguished name,
Which suits a sinner best.
Our mis'ry doth for pity cll,
Our sin implores thy grace,
And thou art merciful to all
Our lost apostate race. 
The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment