"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Hymns in Lent - Day 30

"Christ in you the hope of glory." - Colossians 1:27
 
My Jesus, my hope, when will he appear,
A soul to lift up that waits for him here,
In much tribulation, in troubles excess,
In height of temptation, and depth of distress?
 
O when shall I see an end to my pain,
And triumph in thee, my Saviour, again?
Lord, hasten the hour, thy kingdom to bring in,
And give me the power to live without sin.
 
O Jesus, thou know'st my sorroful load,
And seest that my trust is all in thy blood;
Thou wilt have compassion, my burden removed,
Thy name is salvation, thy nature is love.
 
Thy nature and name my portion shall be,
Who humbly lay claim to all things in thee:
The days of my mourning and painful distress,
Shall at thy returning eternally cease.
 
The Methodist Pocket Hymn-Book. New York:   
J. Soule and T. Mason Publishing Co., 1818.

No comments:

Post a Comment