"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Advent Devotional for December 14th

What emotions fill my heart this Christmas season? How and where will I look for God’s glory to fill the earth? So often a trial comes and I try to handle it on my own. Discouragement floods my heart and instead of reaching out to Him, I withdraw into the darkness. Instead of turning to God, my source, I settle for a human answer when what I really need is a supernatural solution from awesome God!

It is so easy to fail to recognize that Christ, my Lord, is filling every corner of this earth with His glory, all I need to do is look for it. God loves each us so much and wants to be involved in the ordinary every day happenings of our lives. The smile we give a stranger, the patience we wear in a crowd of impatient shoppers, the love that prompts a secret gift, each special meal, card, phone call and visit.

It is my prayer, that amid the continual sights and sounds of this Christmas season your eyes and mine will see clearly the glory, the splendors of heavens unlimited and the unending gift of love to this earth, Jesus Christ our Lord. Look for Him in the crowd! Emanuel, God with us! Wow!

Prayer: Dear Lord, Today I celebrate the reality of your presence in my life. I celebrate your birth. Your life. Your death and your resurrection. And as I celebrate, Lord give me the tools I need to meet the needs of your children I meet during my days. Give me strength and courage to be a light in the darkness. Keep telling me how much you love us all and want the best for us as your children. Thank you for your unconditional love which gives me the strength to carry on. Happy birthday dear Jesus! I love you!

Lynda Fisher




 

No comments:

Post a Comment