"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, December 16, 2013

Advent Devotional for December 16th

The Nativity by Sandro Botticelli (1445-1510)
When I was six years old, I lived with my Christian Aunt Luetta and Uncle Frank and their children, Terry and Jeanne. They took me to their church, Oakland Christian Church in Joplin, MO. I attended Sunday school downstairs in the basement and learned about Jesus. Upstairs, we worshipped God and I listened to the music and learned to sing. I really enjoyed learning about Jesus. I learned a song titled, "Into My Heart"
 
      Into my heart, into my heart Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.  
      Come in today, come in to stay, Come into my heart, Lord
      Jesus.

As I sang the song, I really believed that the Lord Jesus came into my life. I knew that He didn’t live in my physical heart. I did know that He lived in my mind, soul and spirit – the real me. Of course, I didn’t know the words like saved, redeemed, born-again at the age of six. I knew that Jesus was my Savior and was in my life. I knew that He was God’s Son and that He was born in a manger. I knew that we celebrated Jesus’ birth on Christmas Day. I am still very thankful that a simple song could mean so much to me as a six year old. I am thankful that Jesus did come into my "heart" when I sang a simple song (and prayer) with simple faith – a child’s faith. Jesus is still in my heart.

Trudy Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment