"Through the power of Christ, we are learning to live in simplicity, thankfulness, contentment and
generosity in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana."

(IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE, IT WILL GET BIGGER... AND EASIER TO VIEW.)

Monday, December 23, 2013

Advent Devotional for December 23rd

Joseph in a Dream by Rembrandt van Rijn
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Mahatma Gandhi

Each morning when I read from my devotional it brings me peace, love and direction for the day. In the same way are words and actions throughout the day that may make a difference in other’s lives. I have a choice of being grumpy, sad, wrapped up in self or by being open-minded, kind, and a friendly person.

I’m reminded to listen to God as I listen to others. We need his direction as we respond to others. We need to be a channel of Christ’s love. We are helped by the Spirit inside us to respond with love to other’s needs.

Carol Gragg

No comments:

Post a Comment